Thursday, January 26, 2012

Eclipse Debugging and other Tips and Tricks

Now that you are familiar with the basics of editing and running a Java program in eclipse, you might want to learn how to use a few more advanced features of eclipse. Note that you will not be tested on these, they are purely optional. However, I do note that these tips make my life much more pleasant and save me a lot of typing.

First, the video below shows you how to use the eclipse debugger. The debugger is especially useful when you are trying to figure out why a loop in your Java code is not doing what you thing it should be doing.

Eclipse debugger



The video below is a collection of keyboard shortcuts and other eclipse tips and tricks that I think are very useful, especially for beginners. If you were wondering what keyboard shortcuts I use in lecture, the video below explains.


No comments: